Quick Guide to Creating WhatsApp Stickers on iPhone
WhatsApp allows you to send custom stickers to your contacts. But to create these stickers, it has always been necessary to download them from somewhere or use external apps to complete the entire creation process.
But now, it’s no longer necessary. With iOS 16, you can simply drag any image into a conversation, and it will automatically transform into a sticker that can even be viewed on other platforms.
And there’s more: if you use the iOS 16 background cropping feature, the sticker will be cropped like a real sticker.
How to Create WhatsApp Stickers on iOS
The process is as easy as “drag and drop.”
Follow these steps to try it on your device:
- First and foremost, you need to have iOS 16 installed. The trick won’t work on earlier versions of the system
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and select the conversation you want to send the sticker to
- Exit for a moment and go to the iOS photo album
- Select the image you want to turn into a sticker
- Tap and hold the image until the option to crop the image appears. Drag your finger a little to see if it has been cropped and don’t let go
- Still holding the image, go back to WhatsApp with the chosen conversation open
- Release the image into the conversation and confirm the send.
That’s it! The other person will receive the image as a personalized sticker, regardless of the system they’re using.
Watch the video to see how the process works:
This feature is being rolled out gradually by WhatsApp, so if you still can’t do it, wait a few days and always make sure you have the latest version of the app. 😉